Call for participation
"Automatic Verification and Analysis of Complex Systems" is an autumn school focussing on automated formal methods in computer science and their application to the analysis and verification of complex embedded systems. Targeting primarily PhD students and young researchers with an interest in safety-critical embedded systems, the technical program comprises talks from 12 specialists in the field of automated formal methods, covering the range from hard real-time systems over hybrid systems to dynamically restructuring systems of systems.
Poster (18 MB), Full call for participation
Please see the program website for a detailed schedule of the talks.
- Werner Damm (Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, D)
- Goran Frehse (Université Joseph Fourier Grenoble, F)
- André Platzer (Carnegie Mellon University, PA, USA)
- Thomas Sturm (Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik, D)
- Kim G. Larsen (Aalborg Universitet, DK)
- Ernst-Rüdiger Olderog (Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, D)
- Andrey Rybalchenko (Microsoft Research, UK)
- Mani Swaminathan (Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, D)
Systems of Systems:
- Paolo Marin (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, D)
- David Parker (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Sven Schewe (University of Liverpool, UK)
- Ralf Wimmer (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, D)
The slides for the talks are available on the program site.
The autumn school will be held after the AVACS Concluding Colloquium, September 29.
The autumn school will be held at the Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Haarentor campus (location in google maps, OpenStreetMap).
By taking the buses of line 306 (see below for transportation in Oldenburg) to the stop "Universität", you will easily reach the main entrance of the university campus in Oldenburg Haarentor.
From there, we will make sure that a lot of signs will guide you the way to the front desk of the autumn school and the lecture hall.
All lectures will take place in A14 ("Hörsaalzentrum"), the main lecture hall of the university.
Getting here and around
Getting to Oldenburg
From within central Europe, you can reach Oldenburg by train. In order to find your connection, use the website of DB (Search for train connections) and enter "Oldenburg (Oldb)" as your destination. Be careful not to travel to Oldenburg(Holst)! For many connections within Germany you can also directly buy a ticket online and print it out (the ticket is only valid in connection with an identification card, that you selected during purchase). This is also possible for some international connections, however, not for all of them. In Germany you can also buy tickets at automatic vending machines and counters in virtually every station. Otherwise, please use the services offered by your travel agency.
The closest international airports are Bremen (BRE), Hamburg (HAM), and Hannover (HAJ). Once there, you can use the train to get to Oldenburg (Search for train connections, you can directly enter the airport identifier as the point of departure and again Oldenburg(Oldb) as destination) or a taxi (round-trip tickets from Bremen are available for €89). If your flight is scheduled to arrive late at night or early in the morning, pay special attention to limited train services at those times.
If you you are flying to Hamburg, FlixBus can take you from Hamburg Hbf (Hamburg central station) to Oldenburg.
Transportation in OldenburgUnless you plan on renting a bicycle, using the city busses for getting around is probably the best option. The Haarentor campus is located at bus stop "Universität". Busses must be entered through the front door and tickets always be shown to the driver. You can also buy a ticket from the driver by naming the destination stop. From all bus stops within the city, a ticket of "Preisstufe 1" (€2.30) is sufficient (from some stops that are very close to the destination). There are different types of tickets that allow you to save some money depending on how intensively you use the buses.
- Bus network of Oldenburg
- Public transport to/from the University
- Bus and Train Connections TO Oldenburg University
- Bus and Train Connections FROM Oldenburg University
AccommodationThe following hotels have rooms available:
- B & B Hotel Oldenburg (between €71.50 and €91.50)
- Hotel Alexander (€64)
- Best Western Hotel Heide (between €68 and €80)
- Antares Hotel (from €69)
- Hotel Sprenz (between €69 and €109)
- Acara Hotel (from €95)
- Hermes Hotel (from €82)
- Altera Hotel (from €94)
- Jugendherberge / Youth Hostel (from €22)
All prices are per night and per person including VAT. Please ask for a confirmation of the price when booking, as we have no influence on potential changes in price since the time we requested them.
About OldenburgTravel information on Germany:
- oldenburg.de (also check out the German pages for digestable information!)
- event calendar (exhibitions, concerts, nightlife, etc)
Registration will be possible until September 25, 2015
Please download this registration form, which you need to print out, fill out, sign and either
- scan and send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- send via telefax to +49-441-9722-502
Payment of Registration fee
Unfortunately we are not able to offer you the most comfortable way of online payment by credit card. But you now have three options for payment:
Money TransferParticipants from Europe are strongly encouraged to pay by money transfer, although credit card payment is possible, too. If you choose money transfer, please use the following information:
Account Holder: Universitaet Oldenburg Bank: Landessparkasse zu Oldenburg (LzO) SWIFT-BIC: BRLADE21LZO IBAN Code: DE 4628 0501 0000 0198 8112 Reason for transfer: AVACS School 2015 / YOUR NAMEPlease don't forget to state the Reason for transfer (AVACS School 2015 / YOUR NAME) when processing your payment via money transfer.
Credit CardParticipants from non-European countries are encouraged to use this way of payment.
- Either you fill out this form with your required credit card information and send it via telefax to +49-441-9722-502 or give the information via telephone to Mrs. Kathrin Kuper (+49-441-9722-501), or
- you are going to pay onsite with your credit card on arrival at the Autumn School between 8 and 9 a.m. on September 30.
Registration feeThe participation fee is €140 (approx. $156) for early registration and €180 (approx. $200) for normal registration. Early registration was possible until September 6, therefore only normal registration is possible now. The registration fee covers the lectures, course materials, and a social event including a conference dinner.
- A refund request received until September 10 is eligible for a refund of the fees with a €40 cancellation fee.
- A refund request received after September 10 and until September 23 is eligible for a refund of the fees with a €70 cancellation fee.
- We cannot offer refunds after September 23.
The 2nd AVACS Autumn School on "Automatic Verification and Analysis of Complex Systems" is organized by the large scale transregional research center AVACS, funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft DFG.
Inquiries can be addressed to email@example.com.